Welcome back to pre-school!
We hope you have had a happy and exciting summer – we look forward to hearing all about your adventures!
I am delighted to say that Georgina had a little boy in August – both are doing well.
Sadly Liz Lucas left us over the summer to take up an opportunity to work in a school setting. She was a valued member of the team and will be sorely missed. We wish Liz well for the future.
In the porch we have a new board for parents containing lots of useful information. There are 2 wallets with sharing experiences forms and current letters – please help yourself.
The pre-school currently has vacancies for 2 parent reps – so if you have any spare time and would like to consider this opportunity then please talk to a staff member.
As of September, the pre-school will be following a new curriculum which is designed to better support young children and give them the best possible start in life. Details of how it will affect our practice will be sent out next week.
Our COVID precaution measures have been revised - see separate section.
Children may now bring in items of interest from home so show their friends at discussion time. Please make sure it is labelled
Information about the daily activity and snack will now be displayed on the white board in the lobby.
Arrangements for dropping off and collecting your children have changed slightly, details will be sent via Dojo.
This term we will be welcoming Sophie to the pre-school, we hope she will be very happy with us.
As always, myself and the staff team are here to support you so please do not hesitate to contact us face to face, via Dojo, phone or email if you have any questions or concerns.
We look forward to a happy and successful year!
Ann and the staff team
Our theme this term is Introduction to activities and Autumn
Week 1 – Introduction to activities
Week 2 – Introduction to role play
Week 3 – Introduction to physical equipment
Week 4 – Autumn weather; wind and rain
Week 5 – Autumn animals
Week 6 – Harvest festival and autumn vegetables
Week 7 – Autumn in the garden
Wednesday 13th October – Harvest festival – details to follow
Please name your child’s hats, water bottles, lunch boxes, bags and coats.
Drinking bottles should contain water only.
Lunch boxes should contain a healthy balance of food in appropriate portion sizes. The pre-school is a NUT FREE zone so please no peanut butter or nutella.
It would be helpful if any packets in their lunch boxes are pre-opened so the children can manage independently. We are not supposed to handle their food - sorry
Many of the COVID precaution measures have been updated – here is a summary:
- Parents no longer need to socially distance when queuing. All children will enter via the ramp entrance so please queue on this side.
- There is no requirement to wear a face mask whilst queuing.
- Children should gel their hands before entering.
- We will no longer be checking the children’s temperatures on arrival unless they appear unwell.
- Staff will continue to do regular lateral flow tests.
- Staff will no longer wear facemasks or visors.
- Regular cleaning of high touch surfaces continues
- Increased ventilation continues so doors and windows will be open
- Good hygiene practices and hand washing will be promoted
- Dressing up and soft furnishing have fully returned
- Messy play is back!
- Prospective parents may visit the setting again
Our updated system of controls against COVID 19 is available on request.
Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe