I hope you all enjoyed our sports morning earlier this month, and thank you very much to Laura, Katie and all the other parents who helped with the refreshments, and to everyone involved in raising an amazing amount of money for the pre-school. I also hope you all enjoyed our end of year picnic yesterday.
During the first three weeks of the autumn term we will be introducing the new children to a variety of activities, and extending these activities for the older children, and for the following four weeks we will be thinking about autumn. This will be split up as follows:
- Week commencing 4th Sep - Painting and dough
- Week commencing 9th Sep - Collage, graphics, sand and printing
- Week commencing 16th Sep - Role play
- Week commencing 23rd Sep - Autumn weather – wind and rain
- Week commencing 30th Sep - Autumn animals
- Week commencing 7th Oct - Autumn gardening
- Week commencing 14th Oct - Harvest festival and autumn vegetables
The first lunch club of the term will be held on Thursday 5th September for those children who have registered.
Please encourage your child to bring into pre-school anything they feel is connected in any way to our theme each week, and please make sure everything is very clearly named, as the children are split into two groups at discussion time and what they bring in is sorted by staff at the beginning of the session.
On Tuesday 15th October we will be celebrating Harvest Festival, and all parents/carers are invited to join us in the hall just after 9.30am to hear the songs the children have learnt. A reminder will be sent out nearer the time.
We hope you all have a lovely summer break, and look forward to welcoming you back to pre-school on Wednesday 4th September for the start of the autumn term.