About Us

OUR HISTORY

St. Paul’s church, Crofton has a long history of providing for the children in the local community. The Church Hall was built in 1933 and was home to a private nursery school. When the owner retired the Reverend John Tebbeth set up St Paul’s Playgroup in 1967 for children in the Parish.

With the arrival of the Reverend Chris Reed in 1980, the pre-school became open to all children and this has remained so ever since.

St. Paul’s Church, Crofton is a welcoming, lively Church of England church whose vision is to serve the local area.

From the late 19th Century, when a chapel of ease was built, to the present day the church at Crofton has grown and flourished.  When the original building was outgrown by the congregation the present church was built in 1958 incorporating the old church as the chapel.

Today St.Paul’s Crofton is a community of people of all ages and backgrounds, and this is reflected in the range of groups and activities that take place.

Activities for children and teenagers include a weekly Toddler group; St. Paul’s Crofton Pre-School; Age-specific groups during the Sunday Service; Club night; Children’s Holiday Club; and Uniformed Organisations.

There are also adult Bible study groups; women and men’s groups; a Senior Citizen’s Lunch Club; and courses are run for those seeking to find out more about the Christian faith.

For more details on any of the above please see the church website www.stpaulscrofton.co.uk