WHAT THE CHILDREN THINK...
One of the ways to keep St Paul’s (Crofton) Pre-School up to date with the children’s needs is to ask them what they like doing, here are some of their answers:
“I like glueing and sticking best and playing on the slides and the climbing frames in the garden.”
“I like story time, hairdressers and playing with my friends”
“I like the train set and the trampoline best and all the teachers are really kind”
WHAT THE PARENTS THINK...
Our curriculum is based upon The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), revised in 2021 which sets the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five years of age. The EYFS seeks to provide:
- A quality and consistency in all early year settings so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind
- A secure foundation through planning and development of each individual child, assessing and reviewing what they know regularly
- A working partnership between practitioners and parents/ carers
- Equality of opportunity and anti discriminatory practice to ensure that every child is included and supported
The EYFS also specifies the seven areas of learning and development that shape the educational programmes in early years settings. They are subdivided into Prime and Specific areas.
The Prime areas are particularly important for building a base from which children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning and making relationships can be encouraged. They are
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
- Personal, Social and Emotional
Early years settings must also support children in the Specific areas which are
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
None of these areas of learning and development can be delivered in isolation from the others; they are all important and interconnected. They depend upon each other to support a rounded approach to child development. The pre-school offers a balance of learning through play and adult initiated activities which help children make good progress in all areas of learning and development.
SESSIONS & FEES
St Paul's Crofton Pre-school is open Monday - Thursday during term time, from 9.30 until 12.30.
Fees are due in advance for each half term, and if a child is not able to attend a session for whatever reason, fees will still be payable. A drink and a healthy snack are provided at the cost of a session.
The term after a child's 3rd birthday they are entitled to Funding for Early Years, full details of which can be obtained from the Children and Young People Services in Bromley.